When engaging a refractory expert witness for a legal case, law firms face challenges finding the right expert that confidently determines the root cause of a refractory failure be it workmanship, design, material quality or process operation.
Too often when failures occur, the reason can be incorrectly attributed to refractory materials because of their complexity and the lack of understanding of the expert.
We understand the scientific relationship between process environments, refractory materials and installation quality and how they combine to cause refractory failure. This allows us to confidently determine the root cause. We have completed investigations of failed refractory including: burner failures, kiln bricking failure, boiler failures (CFB and shell & tube), pressure vessel failures (gasifiers, FCCU and transfer lines), failures of masonry brick and ceramic tile lamination and dome failures.
BE (Chem), PhD (Civil)
- University of Queensland, Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
- University of Queensland, Doctor of Philosophy (Civil Engineering)
- Research thesis - Failure mechanics of refractory concrete
- CSIRO/UNITED NATIONS Conference, Economic Growth with Cleaner Production, Recycling in the Cement and Concrete Industry
- The University of Queensland, The Fracture of Brittle Materials
- NASA Lewis Research Centre, USA, The Fracture of Brittle Materials
- Cement Industry Federation National Conference, Heat Transfer in Rotary Kilns
We service industry giants across the globe
The key benefits of our designs and management are the delivery of very reliable linings which that saves our clients time and maintenance costs.Understanding refractory behaviour is critical for the design and fabrication of refractory lining/structures.Get in Contact